Florida Fire Marshals and Inspectors Association Presents
A Day of Learning
Fire Alarm Compliance Methodologies - 2 hrs.
Emergency Responder Communication Enhancement Systems - 2 hrs.
This free presentation addresses various requirements, enforcement tools, and methodologies found within the framework of Florida State Fire and Building Codes, NFPA 72, and UL’s systematic fire alarm certification follow up program to confirm and verify initial and on-going compliance of fire alarm systems. This presentation also addresses requirements, enforcement tools, and methodologies found within the framework of the Florida State Fire Code, NFPA 1 11.10, and NFPA 1221/1225 regarding the verification of initial and on-going compliance for ERCES, the establishment of ERCES best management practices, and an introduction to UL 2524, 2021 Model Fire Code ERCES requirements, and the forthcoming UL ERCES Certification program.
Fire Alarm Systems Compliance Methodologies:
- NFPA 72 Chapter 14: Inspection, Testing and Maintenance
- NFPA 72 Chapter 26: Supervising Stations Alarm Systems & UL’s Systematic Follow up of Compliance Fire Alarm Program
Emergency Responder Communication Enhancement Systems (ERCES):
- NFPA 1 Chapter 11.10
- NFPA 1221 (9.6/11.3.9): Standard for the Installation, Maintenance, and Use of Emergency Services Communications Systems, 2016 Edition
- NFPA 1225 Chapter 18/20: In-Building Emergency Responder Communications Enhancement Systems
- UL 2524: Standard for In-building 2-Way Emergency Radio Communication Enhancement Systems
- UL ERCES Certification Program
Four total contact hours approved for Fire and Life Safety Educator, Fire Code Administrator, Fire Investigator I and II, and Fire Safety Inspector I and II, with this course.
Click here for a copy of FFMIA's guidance for in person training
Date: April 12th, 2023
Time: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm.
Palm Beach County Fire Rescue
405 Pike Road
West Palm Beach, Fl 33411
Parking: Park at Southeast Parking Lot
Cost: Free for members of the FFMIA
Not an FFMIA member? Complete the New Member application and pay the membership fee of $75.00 to be able to use the member rate.
Philip Oakes, Training Coordinator 407-232-2807
Compliance Methodologies - RN18414 - Class: 127167
ERCES - RN18413 - Class: 127166